- more efficient,
- more equitable and
- less disruptive – both socially and environmentally.
As mobility accelerates worldwide, stakeholders are becoming more concerned about issues such as:
- inadequate infrastructure
- land use
- noise and pollution
- reliance on non-renewable resources.
Current mobility trends are unsustainable, which means that the growing worldwide demand for transportation cannot be met simply by expanding today’s means of transportation.
We must participate in a Sustainable Mobility project immediately in order to address the complex challenges in helping the world achieve:
- economic growth
- environmental improvement
- social progress simultaneously!
(This article is based on http://www.wbcsd.org/ site of World Business Council for Sustainable Developement)