Seven (7) are the goals that, if achieved, would improve the prospects for sustainable mobility:
- Reduce conventional emissions from transport so that they do not constitute a significant public health concern anywhere in the world.
- Limit greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from transport to sustainable levels.
- Reduce significantly the number of transport-related deaths and injuries worldwide.
- Reduce transport-related noise.
- Mitigate traffic congestion.
- Narrow “mobility divides” that exist within all countries and between the richest and poorest countries.
- Improve mobility opportunities for the general population in developed and developing societies.
(This article is based on http://www.wbcsd.org/ site of World Business Council for Sustainable Developement)